Welcome to Church Eaton Village Institute




Re-opening of the Institute 11th October 2014


 Church Eaton village Institute re-opened on 11th October 2014 after £80,000 of improvements. A gathering of villagers and people involved with the development filled the hall for the official opening ceremony. Chairman Fred Annis thanked all those who had contributed to the funds and invited Justin O'Doherty (above) to carry out the official opening. Justin, who had masterminded the financial side of the project was chosen to cut the ribbon. Fred also paid tribute to the many supporters who had made the transformation possible. He gave particular thanks to Biffa, whose grant of £50,000 was the foundation of the project and noted that it was good to see the team who did the work present at the ceremony. He also acknowledged the expertise and commitment of Malcolm Bennett, who had designed and project managed the whole enterprise. The Management Committee, Karen Reeves in particular, had worked very hard to bring the project to fruition. Those present were impressed with the resulting improvement to the kitchen/meeting room and were amazed at the change in the toilets and heating systems. The gathering then sat down to drinks and cakes, with a lot of talking about the 'new-look' Institute. These changes which have been needed for many years will make the old building a desirable venue for more prestigious events in future. The "kitchen" now restored to its original size will permit more meetings to be held in a better atmosphere than in the main hall. While there is some further work to be done the official opening marked a new lease of life for the 1892 building.Re-opening of the Institute 11th October 2014
 





Reg Charity

Community Web Kit provided free by BT
Cookie Policy | Charity Number: 522641